Monday, April 13, 2015

April 13, 2015

This week was super rough for like 3 hours, and then it was the best week I've had here.  Honestly, I was super struggling with health problems the past few weeks. I just didn't know if I could continue for two years in the constant health state I was in. And I couldn't see an end.  But this week I realized that my problem was that I was trying to escape my troubles rather than overcome them as I always had in the past.  I actually ended up calling the mission president’s wife and she let me know that it’s normal to be sick a lot your first exchange and that I would get through this. And even though it isn't that huge to have her tell me that, it was huge to me that morning.  She’s the health advisor and she knows about that kind of stuff, so I trust that, haha. That’s why I called her.  So, I made a change that I would dedicate the rest of my life to the service of our God, and I said a prayer, right there on the spot, to "please let me not have this pain Heavenly Father (because the pain was coming) and even if the pain comes I know you’ll be there with me through it, and I’ll still serve you to the end."  As soon as I finished the prayer the pain stopped.  

It was earlier that day that I had a major change of heart.  I just gritted my teeth and said, "Elder Jacobs, you’re no quitter and you know God wants you here." And I got down on my knees and promised my life to God. And you all know how I don’t break my promises.  So since then I have had almost no health problems. And that’s one of the greatest miracles I've seen. It’s the hardest miracle to bring about because it requires an entire change of character.  It’s also the hardest thing to do, to give yourself entirely to God.  Because first you have to find yourself, to understand what you need to give. So first I had myself lost in my pride and desires for home, then I found myself again (my confidence, my fun loving attitude, my desire to always brighten other people’s days, all the good parts of me because Satan had convince me I left those at home, but that’s not true at all), and now I have given all of that to God, to use without restraint for not only two years, but for the rest of my life!  

And since then I have had the most amazing lessons, my Spanish has been fantastic, the food is still amazing, it’s like there’s a new light on everything! I found my love for my family has a new dimension to it, a new fantastic part that I never could feel before. And I love it. I love you guys.  

Among other things, I prayed and said sorry to God for putting him aside like that before and I received the scripture: DC 39:7-13.

I wish I could say that I humbled myself, but to be honest God humbles us all, and He humbled me really well, haha. But I’m so thankful for it.

And Mom and Dad you guys are amazing! Thanks for just being awesome. Dad, you are the best dad ever! All your teachings to me came into play this week.  I couldn't have done any of this without you. And mom, you are truly inspired.  The day I made the change and found the light, I received a package with your letters, which are awesome!  My companion wants more memes, ahaha.   Those were hilarious. But anyways, the letters were exactly what I needed. I read them in order and I had already decided to make those changes in myself before I got them!! Isn't that awesome!!?? It was just like the cherry God put on top of an already fantastic day.




Thanks to the other kids and all my other friends out there reading this. You guys are amazing and do a great job praying for me. I love you all!

Mom look up "The Spiritual Influence of Women" in this month’s Liahona, I thought of you the entire time I read it.

I love you Mom and Dad!
I love you Dallin, Eliza, Bethany, Harrison!

Prepare yourselves for 2 years of the most amazing miracles and stories you've ever heard! :)

PS –  I forgot to mention me and my companion bought hammocks to sleep in because it´s so dang hot and humid here. I also made the most amazing mac and cheese the other day. Bean, you would be so proud!  But the food here is just fantastic. Like, I don’t know how I am not gonna get fat. Oh wait, yes I do. We walk like nobody’s business and we get parasites. I´m good, hahaahahah!!!  Just kidding. You guys don’t need to worry, everyone here loses weight, but I eat junk along with my good food, so I’ll just stay the same. Yep, this week and the next two years are gonna be awesome! :)

PSS - I will try to send pictures next week

No comments:

Post a Comment