Wednesday, March 18, 2015

March 18, 2015



I've arrived in my area!! It's the most beautiful place ever!!  I have had such a great time here. We are a four hour bus ride south from Tampico.  My companion and I are in Huejutla.  It´s pretty awesome.  The people are so nice! I already helped teach a family and we conducted family home evening Monday night.  I love the people here, did I mention that?  They are all so welcoming and friendly.  EVERYBODY says Buenos Dias/Tardes/Noches to everyone.  It's fantastic for a guy like me who loves to say "hi" to people all the time.  My Spanish is mediocre.  I understand a lot, but sometimes it still takes a while for me to put together sentences.

Tell the family I love them and I promise to send more pictures next time.  I have so many I want to share with you.  I´m hoping I´ll be able to send them to you next week.  I'm really busy though, so I'm not sure.
I woke up this morning and I was feeling super nervous about the task ahead of me, but I prayed for strength and the Lord blessed me to find D&C 107:98-100.  You guys should all check it out. It´s pretty comforting to me.  Today we have a large day planned for us.  I'm both nervous and excited but I know I can do it.  All of your love and the strength of God helps so much.  I'm really learning to rely upon the Lord.  It's great.  My first day in the field was so rough -hahhaha: I almost got a blister, lost both of my towels (or so I thought), tore my pants, walked straight into a pole, stepped into a super huge mud puddle, and I just didn't know what I was doing.  The whole time I was praying to God that I would just not have the blister, and since it wasn't going away, I thought God wasn't answering my prayer.  But I realized he just knew that I could do this and he trusted me to do it - -even though it was so hard - -so I pressed on the whole day without saying anything, even when my companion asked, because I didn't want to distract him from the work.  Worst day ever, but I knew I would be blessed.  And then today I woke up and I had the best day ever!  I was paired with the companion I wanted and I went to the area I wished I would go to.  (The previous events were with temporary companions that we were with in the city Tampico for the first day until they decided our companions and areas).
When I got paired with my legit companion I said, "¡Dios me ama!" Because He does.  It really has made this so much easier.  By the way, cold showers are awful.  I don't think I'll ever like them -hahaha.  But hey, at least we have a shower.  

I love you all!! Thanks for all your letters!

And yeah, I´m staying in budget mom, juice is like 10 pesos here. That´s almost less than half a dollar! I love it!

All in all a pretty good week.

Here are some pictures of when it hailed at the MTC.



No comments:

Post a Comment