Tuesday, March 10, 2015

March 10, 2015



This week I didn't have any super crazy experiences like last week, but I know the Lord is still with me.  I didn't recognize that at first and I felt sort of alone. It was depressing, but then the scripture (I don’t know where it is but I know the words), "Be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest" came into my mind.  Then upon further thought, I realized that God is with us everywhere we go, not only physically, but spiritually.  The thought came into my mind about a young boy, on the computer doing bad things, but over his shoulder, right by his side, one can see the Savior, a single tear streaming down his face, as he keeps trying to whisper that he loves the young boy and wishes that he would stop. He´s not mad, He´s not angry, He´s only sad and maybe a little disappointed, but not disappointed in the young boy, disappointed that His influence was not enough on its own to stop the boy from sinning.  But that’s how it is with all of us.  His influence is not enough. His grace and hand outstretched are only powerful enough to change us if we accept his grace and take hold of his hand.  God has given us agency, so we must use it correctly, and if we don’t we will not be changed or be able to return back to Heavenly Father; however, when we fall, because we will fall, He will be there every step it takes for us to get back up.  He will even be there if we choose not to get back up.  He will sit beside us and weep for us, wishing only for our joy and happiness, which will come through obedience.  It was a very interesting piece of revelation that came to me all from one verse and one image in my head.  If I were an artist I would draw it, but sadly I am not. 
Me with Elder VanZanten 

Like I said, not much happened this week. OH! Well, we got our new district and GUESS WHO WAS IN IT: Amy Saunders!! Isn't that so funny? We were both super surprised.  So far while here I’ve shared a lot of my experiences with her. I didn't realize just how much I´ve changed in terms of spirituality until someone who already knew me came, and the first impression they got from me was me bearing my testimony about the MTC and the Gospel.  It was really funny. Our new district is really fun! I like them all a lot.  Also, we finally got our departure times and such!!! I´m leaving for Tampico on Monday at 2:30 am... really early!  I don’t know what to expect at all, but I am so excited to get out of the CCM.  It´s really awesome here, but you can start to feel a little cooped up after 6 weeks.  I´m not sure if I´ll be able to email Monday seeing as it is technically p-day, but I don’t know if it will be full of orientation and that sort of stuff.   Anyways, I love you all!! Bye!!





No comments:

Post a Comment